Not Everyone Dreams Of Haveing It All

The Big Tiny: A Built-It-Myself Memoir - Dee  Williams

Dee Williams was living the American dream, she had a college education, a well paying job, a mortgage and friends. She thought she was happy she should be right, she had it all. When a health crises slams into her she is faced with a new reality and must find what really matters to her.

Her house, her stuff, they are anchors with barbs. She has struggled for years to refurbish her home to mow the lawn to maintain the little things. The time it takes is her life times, her hour, minutes and seconds. She misses having time to live, to just look up at the stars without the pressures of always having so much she needs to do.

She has always believed in the magic of books, everything is there if you look. She is not afraid to pick up a wiring book and self teach electrical wiring or any other subject. So when she meets a man who lives simple in a tiny home she starts absorbing information, reading books and starting to believe. She could do this ! She jumps and places a down payment of the first piece of her amazing future.

This book was so much more than I expected. I thought it would be about the nuts and bolts of small home building and living. It was, but it was more about a woman with a broken heart who roars like a lion at life. She has heartbreaking moments, moments that had me in tears. Her friends are the kind of people we should all be so lucky to have in our

lives. After reading her tale I looked around at all my stuff, all the time I give to it and while I'm not ready to go to that extreme now I do want less time stolen by unloved things. I am so glad this book picked me while I was shelf surfing the library.