The Beginning Of The End For Puppy Mills

Saving Gracie: How One Dog Escaped the Shadowy World of American Puppy Mills - Carol Bradley

Despicable. Puppy mills, their owners and the people who abuse these animals for their greedy gains. Theses a story about the beginning of the Anti puppy mill movement in Pennsylvania and how it moved to other states.

I picked this  book up when I saw it was about a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel rescue. I have two CKCS rescues and wanted to connect with the story around my dogs. The CKCS dog is only a small part in the story. It is a very heartbreaking and heart warming story but a very small part. Gracie is a beautiful, emotionally beaten little girl who finally gets the love she deserved only to fear it. Her issues were only lightly touched on. I would have enjoyed more on her.

The people who took these dogs on, the Vets, the volunteers to new owners should be cheered for this was a fight, and it did get ugly at times. Illnesses, behavior problems, nasty breeders, court battles and great deals of money.

A very educational book on the clamp down on puppy mills and a few rescue stories. This was not a book about one dogs path as suggested. I'm giving it 3.5 stars for leading me wrong.